A few weeks ago, my friend Holly did a post like this on her blog, and I love the idea! So here's my attempt at carrying on the tradition:)
1. I used to live in Hawaii. For a while--around 8 years! And yes, I know how to hula, and yes, I realize I'm not very tan. I was definitely one of the whitest folks walking around that island.
2. I'm a HUGE history dork. (Although, if you've read this post you may know this already!) I especially love medieval/Elizabethan/Tudor history in England. It just makes me happy:)
3. I love to bake and cook now, but I didn't even know how to boil pasta until I was a sophomore in college. I wasn't sure if you put in the noodles first, and then the water came later? Luckily those boxes come with directions!
4. Even though I'm outwardly very outgoing and confident, I struggle with insecurity. The struggles come and go but it's probably going to be a lifetime (or at least very long) battle for me.
5. Sometimes, I dream about being a photographer or maybe a realtor. Two random professions that aren't very similar to each other, where I know there are aspects I wouldn't love, but for some reason, those have been my "backups!"
6. I have strong political opinions, but don't like discussing them--I don't like conflict.
7. I struggle with the fact that my house isn't the bastion of cuteness I know it could be. Like this insanely adorable house from the Jersey shore:
And then I think that I can always spend my maternity leave "cutefying" my house. And then I remember how much work newborns actually are:)
So there you have it--7 things about me.
Question--Did you know any of these already? And tell me something I don't know about YOU!